In 1941, Paul K. Deardorff started a business and stone quarry known as the Fayetteville Stone Company. The quarry was dismantled and permanently closed in 1948.
From 1948 to 1962, the business was operated as Paul K. Deardorff, Excavation and Grading Contractor. They performed basement excavations and other private work for individuals in the area. In later years, the business expanded to include site excavations for schools, hospitals, churches, industrial and residential developments. Also started during this time was the company's involvement in utility construction.
In 1963 the business was incorporated as Paul K. Deardorff and Sons, Inc.. In 1966 a second company, Fayetteville Contractors, Inc. was incorportated to exclusively do public utility projects. These two companies were merged in 1974 with the surviving company named Fayetteville Contractors, Inc.. Paul K. Deardorff served as president of both companies until his retirement in December of 1976.
In 1972 Glenn, Robert and Donald Deardorff purchased a paving business and named it Fayetteville Paving Company. The paving company was purchased by Fayetteville Contractors, Inc. in 1977.
Since 1977 Fayetteville Contractors, Inc. has diversified into bridge construction, site excavation, hauling, paving, road building, utility construction and excavation for residential and industrial developments.
From 1977 to present, Glenn E. Deardorff, Sr. has served as president of the company.
Our office is conveniently located in Fayetteville, in the South Central area of Pennsylvania. We work in areas from Harrisburg, PA to Winchester, VA and from Baltimore to Cumberland, MD.
At Fayetteville Contractors, Inc. , we enjoy a reputation as an aggressive and dependable company with a " can do " attitude. If you have any future projects, think of Fayetteville Contractors, Inc.